Chicken Masala (serves 4) Shimla Spice
8lb chicken breast, diced
2 large Spanish onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 chunk of ginger, ground
1 tbspn ground coriander and cumin seeds, ground
8 tomatoes, small chunks
1 tbspn garam masala
1 tbspn chilli powder
½ tbspn salt
½ tbspn turmeric powder
4 green chillies
1 tsp fenugreek leaves
8 tbspn vegetable oil
fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and fry until they start to turn brown. Add a little water.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add coriander and cumin seeds, chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and fenugreek leaves. Add a little water while stirring and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and chillies and cook on a low heat.
- Put the lid on the pan for about 10-15 minutes; keep stirring so the spices don’t stick to the pan.
- Finally add the coriander leaves and stir them into the chicken and spices.